Re: re-finishing rocker cover

To: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: re-finishing rocker cover
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:50:05 -0700
John,
I have found that the only way to achieve a nice chrome effect is to have the
thing chromed.  There was at one time an optional factory chromed valve
cover, but I don't think you will find it easy to locate one.  THe only other
option is to have yours chromed.  I tried the "Chrome" paint, but it
falls woefully short of what I was wanting.  Of course, there is the option of
buying a polished alloy one but those are also rather expensive.

Regards,
Joe