Tyre Pressure

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tyre Pressure
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:06:04 +0100
Hey Listers,

My car now has a full set of new tyres, and what a difference, of course I
havent fully tested them out yet (heh heh heh) - but it sticks to the road
like something very sticky indeed. I can go around roundabouts far too fast
for my own good - I decide where I want to go - rather than the car now. No
more of that feeling where the tyres are sort of being stretched and pushed
against the road when going around corners. And no more powersliding around
roundabouts Richard! :( And the tyres havent even done there 100 miles or
whatever it is until they've warmed up...

So to my question, my steering is so much lighter, it amazing, but I have a
feeling (and I can't confirm this until I find my "misplaced" tyre pressure
gauge) that the tyres are a little too pumped up. Of course the stock should
be 21/26 for the front and back - but thats with smaller tyres - mine are 165
rather than 155. Not sure if that makes a difference....

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit