Resetting odometer question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Resetting odometer question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 07:08:34 -0700
Folks, I'm nearing completion on a '68 Mk3 that is totally new or freshly
rebuilt.  Every nut, bolt, washer, screw and retainer has been removed,
cleaned, polished, etc.  The body and frame were taken to bare metal and
re-painted, the drivetrain is 100% newly rebuilt with zero miles, the
upholstery is all new, etc.  In other words, this is going to be a brand-new,
35-year-old car when I'm done, and I'd like to reset the speedometer I have
(which was not fitted to this car originally) to read 0 miles to reflect this.
I have no way of knowing the former mileage on this project car before I took
it over, otherwise I'd probably just leave it alone.  Can anyone tell me how
to reset the mileage on the OD to all zeros short of bringing the gauge to a
speedometer shop and shelling out $50 to have them do it?  I will have the
gauge dismantled for cleaning very soon anyway.  TIA.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net