Re: Resetting odometer question

To: "Michael Hargreave Mawson" <OC@46thFoot.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Resetting odometer question
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 10:28:07 -0700
Of course, but that doesn't apply in this case.  The original speedometer that
was fitted to this car is long gone.  It wasn't included with the project when
I took it over.  No idea what became of it or what the original mileage was.
I don't see how I could possibly be breaking any laws or even doing anything
unethical here.  Everything on this car, from the front bumpers to the back,
is going to be new or rebuilt to "as-new" specs.  Suspension, springs,
steering rack, shocks, engine, diff, transmission, you name it.

Besides, who's to say that the mileage hadn't just turned past 99,999 9/10th
when the car was dismantled?   :-)

Jeff

ATB wrote:

BTW, you do know that resetting odometers is against the law in most
countries/states, don't you?

ATB

--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671