Re: trunnion bushing

To: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>, "Jack" <jkagy@bpsom.com>,
Subject: Re: trunnion bushing
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 23:01:14 -0400
Each side of each trunnion has TWO sheet metal washers!  One goes between
the lip of the plastic bushing and the trunnion, and the other goes over the
lip.
Their raised edges face each other, and sort of overlap.
When you press the plastic pieces into the trunnion, you have to put them
through
the inner washer first.  The square-section O-ring goes just outside of the edge
of the lip, between the two washers.  (It makes more sense when you see it for
real.)

The tricky part is holding everything together as you insert the trunnion,
the two outer washers, and the two O-rings into the A-arm without messing
them up...

There is actually not a whole lot of empty space when everything
is assembled.  I just smeared grease all over everything.  Some
extra grease helps hold the O-rings and washers in place during
assembly.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit