Re: trunnion bushing

To: "Jack" <jkagy@bpsom.com>, "spitfire maillist"
Subject: Re: trunnion bushing
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:55:17 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: Jack <jkagy@bpsom.com>

> I'm also puzzled because I expected there to be a hunk of rubber w/ this
> stuff...something that fits inside the trunnion housing and around the
> trunnion bolt.  The manual seems to say that this area is just filled w/
> grease.  Is that right?

Do you have the steel tube which the bolt runs through? The nylon top-hat pices
go into the bronze trunnion  from either side, each one trapping the inner
steel washer, then the tube goes through from side to side. When fitted to the
car, the rubber ring goes around the exposed nylon washer, then the final steel
washer goes over that when the assembly is inserted between the wishbone arms.
The bolt goes directly through the steel tube,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics