Re: Petronix Vs. MSD

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Petronix Vs. MSD
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@cableone.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:27:52 -0600
Plus there's the need to replace a non-functional system with a new one
in a distributor that is not set up for points anyway. i.e. My '76
with(out) a Lucas system had an Allison (now Crane) replacement that was
not working well and rather than have another box on the firewall the
Pertronix certainly simplified the system and had a cleaner look (apart
from all the old wires that were left over from the Lucas system).  Now
if someone sent me an MSD for free I would of course not say no and fit
it, but then, that's not likely to happen.

This raises a question, has anyone fitted points to a later distributor
meant for the Lucas Opus system?

Alan