Re: coil over shocks for the rear end

To: Huw Upshall <hupshall@triumphcars.com>
Subject: Re: coil over shocks for the rear end
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 17:24:16 -0700
Huw Upshall wrote:

> Has anybody installed coil over shocks in the rear of their spitfire?
>
> I'm looking for make and model number of units known to fit.  Thanks!

Huw,
It is much more involved than that.  If you install coil-overs, it is
assumed that you will be removing the leaf spring.  Of course, that
provides the upper control arm of the swing axle suspension.

So to do what you are asking, you will need to not only create an upper
and lower control arm set but also change the axles out to something
using a CV joint or at least a rotoflex coupler.

regards,
Joe