Re: coil over shocks for the rear end

To: "Joe Curry" <Spitlist@gte.net>, "mikeross" <mikeross@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: coil over shocks for the rear end
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 00:37:11 -0400
A Spit I recently 'pass-over' only caught my eye on the
side of the road because of the GT6 bonnet. (thought is
was a Spit6/CGT6)

anyway...    the guy had also used coil overs in the rear.
They were J.C. Whitney supplied mobile car trailer shocks
for a lawn/garden trailer.

I agree with Joe saying the 'standard' coilovers wouldn't fit
a Spit well let alone a roto.   But there are 1.9" spring setups
as well as the 'stock' 2.5" styles as used up front.

hhmmm...  it figures to... I had just run across a photo of a guys
frame  where he had apparently simply replaced the leaf
spring with single bar, rose jointed arm each side. He had
extended the shock stud out about an extra inch from
the upright and was using a coil-over setup..

I'll try to find that photo and pass it on.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com