Grounding?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Grounding?
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:58:54 +0000
I finally got my battery and spark plug wires and now i need to connect
everything.  Correct me if i am wrong but the negative terminal gets
grounded to the Bell housing where it connects to the engine correct?  OR is
there a different place to gound it?  I am new to this whole rebuilding
thing.  ALso...is it necessary to do anything with the generator and the
battery before hooking wires to the generator?
Thanks,
  Dave