Re: Grounding?

To: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Grounding?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 15:31:32 -0700
David,

Not sure what year your Spitfire is, but on my '68, the negative terminal on
the battery is connected to the side of the battery box, where all the wiring
harness grounds also terminate.  From there, a heavy cable connects to the
bellhousing/engine plate.

My rebuilt generator had instructions for touching the positive feed from the
battery to one of the generator terminals (can't remember which, seems like he
one closer to the outside) several times before connecting everything up.

Take care,

Jeff in San Diego

1968 Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
Visit the Totally Triumph Network
"Friendly and focused discussion of all things Triumph!"
www.TotallyTriumph.net