RE: Lucas

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lucas
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:15:33 -0400
>From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
>
>I'd check the fuse box first, as all the things that are not working are
>controlled by the same fuse.  Fuses themselves can develop loose
>connections
>within them after a while, plus the connection between the fuse box and the
>fuse might be bad.

My guess too.  Sometime you can get the components to work again by reaching
in the drivers side parcel shelf and giving a gentle tug on the wiring
harness.   If so,
the problem is definitely in the fuse box or connections to it.  Not
uncommon as the
fuse clips lose their "springiness" over time.

>My Allen key set includes one small enough for the heater knobs - but I
>won't be able to check what size it is before I go home today.  If you
>still
>want to know this information e-mail me before 5:00 British time (midday
>New
>York, 9am LA) and I'll try and remember to check this evening.

If you have a hardware store nearby that has that boxed display of
individual nuts and
bolts, often there is a box with hex keys.  I don't know the size, but since
the cost is
around 45 cents each, you can buy a selection.  (My local Sears Hardware is
one place
that carries them - NFI).

Greg Rowe