RE: Rear suspension

To: "'ZoboHerald@aol.com'" <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Rear suspension
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:32:05 +0200
Thanks for the advice Andy and apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately I  have no leads on any GT6 (Mk2) cars or parts that might be
for sale in SA. (Very rare indeed). Easiest then would seem to take all the
bits from a 2L Vitesse Mk2 and transplant it to the GT6 (Mk1) chassis.

Anyhow, I would prefer to use the lever shock setup from the Vitesse 2L Mk2
as I'm a bit sceptical about the shock absorber mountings of the GT6 (Mk2).
The shocks do attach to mountings that are welded to the inside rear
fenders, don't they ? Heard a lot of talk that it might be a rather weak
spot.

Chris de Wet.
PO Box 472 , Ifafi , 0260 , South Africa.

'56 TR 3, '64 Spitfire 4 (Mk1), '67 GT6 (Mk1).

My Spitfire6 project: GT6(Mk1)
bonnet/doors/chassis/brakes/suspension/engine, Spitfire(Mk2) body, 2000
Saloon gearbox with overdrive and Vitesse 3.89 differential.

" Triumphs are meant to be driven .... keep them on the road "