Tonneau Covers

To: "'Spitlist'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tonneau Covers
From: "Martin Pearce" <dungey@pearcem95.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:07:08 -0000
I wonder if someone on the list can answer my question?

Were the studs on the dash panel in a standard place?

I recently purchased a Tonneau cover which was advertised as original for Mk
1 or Mk 2 Spit.  Just tried it on the car and whilst the back studs fit, the
ones at the front which fit onto the dash panel are nowhere near.  It also
has studs down the sides, ie to fit on the doors.

Firstly, I have never seen a spit with studs on any door.

Secondly, back to my question above.  Is it that my Mk 1 is too early and
never had studs fitted and someone has done so over the years?

The previous owner supplied a white Tonneau which matches the studs and
poppers exactly.

Cheers

Martin
'63 Spit 4