RE: Thank you...but i need more help.

To: "'Nolan Penney'" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Thank you...but i need more help.
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:20:01 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Nolan Penney
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 5:55 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net; celiracer81@hotmail.com

The 1500/1300 flywheels are the same, except for the bolt hole diameters
that mount it to the crankshaft.

The difference is in the disc and pressure plate.  And I'm not sure that
you can't use either pressure plate at that.

The 1500 with the single rail gearbox used a 20 spline 7-1/4" clutch and
pressure plate.
The Mk IV with the three rail gearbox used a 10 spline 6-1/2" clutch and
pressure plate.

Without knowing which disc you got, you need the other one to match up
to your transmission.  The transmission input shaft is the problem, not
the flywheel.

I beg to differ, my friend!  A Mk3 flywheel is flat on the surface and
the 1500 flywheel has a ridge where the pressure plate mounts.  There is
no way that a 1500 clutch kit will work on a Mk3 flywheel and
vice-versa.

Joe