RE: Thank you...but i need more help.

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thank you...but i need more help.
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:33:38 -0500
A late 1500 flywheel will definitely bolt up to a small bearing 1300, but
not correctly unless you have the kit from Rimmer that someone mentioned.
The bolts are the wrong size - too small for the holes in the flywheel. But
it will bolt on there - of course, then the only thing locating it is
friction and the indexing pin. Bad news! An early 1500 flywheel from 73-74
will fit correctly. I had the former on my car and the crank broke because
of it, I now have the latter. In both cases, the gearbox was a 77 with O/D,
the engine a 69 MKIII.

Kevin Rhodes