Re: Thank you...but i need more help.

To: spitlist@COX.NET ("Joe Curry"), npenney@mde.state.md.us,
Subject: Re: Thank you...but i need more help.
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:28:33 -0500
Nolan noted:

> The 1500 with the single rail gearbox used a 20 spline 7-1/4" clutch and
> pressure plate.
> The Mk IV with the three rail gearbox used a 10 spline 6-1/2" clutch and
> pressure plate.

Joe retorted:

> I beg to differ, my friend!  A Mk3 flywheel is flat on the surface and
> the 1500 flywheel has a ridge where the pressure plate mounts.  There is
> no way that a 1500 clutch kit will work on a Mk3 flywheel and
> vice-versa.

Maybe I should stay quiet, since I'm not sure I can offer any totally useful
information. But remember that there was, in the US market, a 1500 for two
years (1973 and 1974) that still used the older three-rail (10-spline input
shaft) gearbox. It's been a long time since I've been around one of these
beasts (had a couple way back when), so I don't remember what the flywheels
looked like; I don't know if they're more like a later 1500 or more like the
earlier 1296!? Anyone?

--Andy Mace