Re: deck height

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: deck height
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:05:20 EST
In a message dated 11/10/2004 11:53:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
fpspitfire@insightbb.com writes:

> Tom,
>
> James isn't the only youth who can be led astray...for some odd reason I
> decided to race a spitfire!!!  That would mean all sensibility was left
> behind!
>
> aaron

aaron,

Your story a while back about the St. Louis Double Regionals reminded me of
watching a friend of mine, many, many years ago, who built a nice, hot Datsun
510 on a zero budget. He was running third at Summit Point when a backmarker MG
spun at a blind curve in front of him and he came around the curve and
collected the Midget, destroying the front end of his beloved Datsun (and doing
number on the Midget as well). He was standing there, smoking a cigarette,
shaking, looking at his car on the hook, and one guy after another came up to
him
and said, "Well, that's racing."

It says it all, without saying enough.

You have my respect for being willing to risk your life, your sensibility,
your con rod bearings, your bank account, and your Spitfire, making it do what
it was (partly) born to do. Be careful out there.

Tom Burke