Re: Tire clearance/rub

To: firespiter@yahoo.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tire clearance/rub
From: Tburke4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:16:02 EST
What Terry says is quite correct, with a minor difference in my case. I have
been running 205/60R13's with no problem using 5.5" TR7 steel rims and lowered
springs. I just switched to a 5.5" aluminum rim and now I have big clearance
problems on the front. The aluminum wheels are much thicker at the hub and the
actual wheel offset may be greater as well so the track is wider. I am
switching to standard springs hoping that this will resolve it. I'm thinking I
may
have to go to 185/60R13's as well. Clearance at the back is fine, though, so
I'll still have that wide tire patch at the back to get all that power to the
ground.;-)

Tom Burke

In a message dated 11/21/2004 7:06:58 PM Central Standard Time,