getting ready for spring...

To: "spitfires list" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: getting ready for spring...
From: "David Mayer" <celiracer81@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:28:46 -0600
Good day all,

  Well, come spring i have a lot to do to the Spitfire.  Among many other
things, i need to get a carpet set, headlights & an exhaust system.  What
would everyones suggestions be for these three items in particular?
Carpets:
  Are the moulded carpet sets really worth the money?  Or are the "delux" or
regular sets just as good?  I am looking for a good quality and fairly easy to
install.  Any suggestions as to the best places to buy sets?
Headlights:
  I just got the Victoria British catalog and they had the clear 7" headlights
that are supposedly brighter and better.  Are those any good or should i just
stick to the good ol' Lucas OEM headlights the best way to go?  On the same
toke, the plastic pieces that plug into the back of the headlights were so
old, the plastic literally just splintered apart when i touched them.  Can i
replace just those plastic pieces or can i simply attatch the wires to the
prongs on the back of the headlight?
Exhaust:
  I have been thinking about getting the Monza system.  Could anyone give me a
comparison between the monza system and the stainless steel system?
All of these things i want to purchase now so that when the snow melts and the
car gets put back in the garage i can slap it all together and enjoy it for a
while before the "deadline" that has been set for me and the car by my
fiance!

Thank you,
  Dave

www.napervillemotors.com