Re: 1980 Spitfire Head

To: "Ken C" <sdspitfire@hotmail.com>, <Cwn74@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: 1980 Spitfire Head
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 06:28:20 -0700
Ken,
Arte you sure about that number?  .25 is a quarter of an inch.  That seems
to be a bit extreme for milling a head.  If it is a 1500 head on a 1500
engine, it would give you about 250 pounds of compression on each cylinder
and ping like a pinball machine.

I might buy .025 whoch would be a bit more reasonable.

On the other hand, a quarter of an inch would be reasonable for a 1500 head
on a 1300 engine because the heads are about a quarter inch thicker than
those of a 1300 to begin with.

I learned this the hard way!  :)

Joe