1980 Spitfire Head

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980 Spitfire Head
From: Dale M Osterndorf <osternd@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 20:30:42 -0400
If it's not too late to jump in here, to achieve a 9.75:1 ratio, I had to
mill the head 0.115" on my '78 Spit.  I am running flat top pistons,
decked block, ported and modified head, CC'd (37.2cc), 270 cam, etc.  Car
runs on premium with about 12 deg advance and little problem with pinging
unless the weather is pretty hot.  Carbs are HIF4s.  Hope that helps a
bit.

Dale O
'78 Spit
'76 TR6