Re: 1980 Spitfire Head

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1980 Spitfire Head
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 18:30:49 -0500
I want to thank everyone for information on milling down a Spitfire
head.  I know that Ted is right - to be sure I need to cc the engine.
Anyway,  right now I have decided to hold off.  I have enough to do
without dealing with the Spitfire head.

The main thing making me think about it was I had the manifold off to
get it repaired - there was a hole in it about the size of my thumb.
Since I had the intake manifold off I was thinking it would not be much
more of a chore to take the head off as well.  The welding shop got the
head done the same day I took it in, so for now I am not messing with
the head.

Thanks for all the information.

Roger Elliott

===     http://www.vtr.org