Re: sagging rear/advice

To: <jimmuller@rcn.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: sagging rear/advice
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:35:52 -0700
Andy,
Actually it was Feb 73 when that change ocurred (serial number 50,000
accordin g to Thomason).  I meant to type "Mid MkIV" production instead of
Mid 71.  And I totally agree that the longer axles were the main
contributing factor in the spring sag issue.  My thoughts (as I have
previously opined) are that the swing spring didn't work particularly well
on the shorter axles so Triumph lengthened them to induce more negative
camber.  That also puts more stress on the spring and therefore the reason
why you haven't seen the short axle MkIV's sagging.