Re: sagging rear/advice

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sagging rear/advice
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:20:57 EST
In a message dated 10/30/2006 10:37:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

> Unfortunately, it is "the nature of the beast".  Your sag is due to the
> inherently bad design of the swing-spring rear suspension used on the Spits.

Joe,
You have that right.  I am in need of my forth new rear spring in the 76 1500
since 1980 when I first took care of the dreaded Spitfire driver's side lean.
Last change was about five years ago.  The GT6 version sounds very
interesting.
Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org