Re: sagging rear/advice

To: r.gosling@penspen.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sagging rear/advice
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 11:46:33 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2006 5:11:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
r.gosling@penspen.com writes:

> As I mentioned before, and Jim Muller also explained, lean
> of the car to one side or the other is almost entirely controlled by the
> front suspension, particularly on swing-spring cars

Richard,
Thanks for putting me straight.  I must have missed part of this discussion.
I agree with the above to a point and since the 76 is only now beginning to
lean I will start at the front. I may just switch the whole spring and shock
assemblies from one side to the other and see what happens like I did before.
Much easier to do than get that rear spring out.  I have a few spare GT6
spacers
too.

The only point I can make again is my problem finding replacement parts that
actually have some resemblance to original equipment.  I have a new set of
front springs but they are way off, (Free standing height too tall with too
many
coils.) The 76's one redeeming quality is that it is an original car without
modifications of any sort.  No kidding, still have the emission equipment in
place and it actually works.

Cheers,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org