RE: sagging rear/advice

To: "'alan watt'" <alwatt33@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sagging rear/advice
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:02:50 -0700
Thanks for you pithy comments, Alan.  But All I can say is you can get bent.
My advice about camber compensators comes form experience not profit
incentive.  I have seen the effects of driving an early spit without one and
it ain't pretty.  Because nobody was making them at the time I discovered
the dreaded wheel tuck, I was forced to go to the next best thing, the swing
spring.  While it cured the wheel tuck situation to a degree, it was
woefully inadequate.  So I took the time and went to the expense of
engineering a modern replica of Kas Kastner's original unit that was offered
back in the 60's.

I installed one of them on my Mk 1 and can speak from experience how well
they work.  Also of the over 200 users of my units (a few of them on long
axle Spits), I have never had any complaints.

I offer my comments without expectations of selling anything and certainly
don't need people like you discouraging discourse on this or any other
forum.  If you don't like reading any of my posts, you can use the delete
button.  It is certainly easier than typing a couple hundred words
disparaging me.

Joe