Re: Frontline and ordering from GB

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Frontline and ordering from GB
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:19:58 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry...

There is no VAT on parts shipped out of the EC.  The Value Added Tax in
England is 17.5%, and that makes our 7.75% sales tax look good.  Of
course, a VAT is hidden in the price of a good, so you don't realize you
are paying it (which is why governments love it).  But it is deducted
from the price when sold outside the EC.

I have generally found that ordering parts from England to be less
expensive and more reliable.  The duty has been minimal, and the
shipping reasonable EXCEPT on heavy items. Even then, it is cheap if
sent surface (ship) instead of air.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California