Re: 3 point belts

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: Craig Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 16:56:50 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Gregory Kirk wrote:

> MOss sells a non innertial 3 point belt which was a snap to install in my
> Mk1 Midget.  Goth them 'cause I have a real dish of a blonde haired blue
> eyed co- pilot with me, a wee bit younger than the car though.. all of 8.
> The were about $40 apeice as I recall.
>
> I'm not comfortable using a junkyard part for safety related items, seat
> belts do degrade with age and wear, and while they are over engineered, I
> figure that 80 bucks is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind. YMMV.
>
> oh yeah... she's decided that it's her car.
>
> Greg

What does that mean 'non innertial'? I agree that $40 isn't a bad price. As for
junkyard stuff, cars in a junkyard aren't necessarily old and deteriorated. I
happen to be a regular at the junkyards near me. Picked up a set of high back
bucket seats for $5 a bucket and they're like brand new. For certain things,
you just stick to the cars that are the new arrivals, you know?

Amy
67 Sprite Mk IV
78 Scout II