Re: 3 point belts

To: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 07:24:11 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ron:

You have a good thought about curvature, which I overlooked; adds stiffness
to the structure.  Also, I suppose a curved doubler (backing plate) does
not have to precisely match the wheel arch's contour.

On this subject, maybe we need to remember that any accident that calls for
the full strength of the seat belt attach points .  .  . we'll be already
dead from the smoosh in the front.

Think I'll ask the List if there's a way to make a Bugeye steering column
collapsible!

Daryl