Re: 3 point belts

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 20:20:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Soave <redlotus@spacey.net>
To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>

>There's no provisions at all for anything on the wheel well on my
>Bugeye.  Where did those with non-inertia type belts mount to? Wheelwell or
>elsewhere?.
>
> Ron Soave
>'61 Bugeye

I have matching holes (3, each side) on the wheel wells of my '59 Bugeye. I
haven't a clue if they were for seat belts as this car had (has) none when I
bought it.

I would like to get seat belts for mine but do not want to do any welding.
It seems that I saw a previous thread that indicated that all one needed to
attach these suckers was a good set of high grade bolts and some heavy duty
washers. Sounds good to low-tech me. But I am still at a loss as to where or
how they are to be attached whether it be 2- point, 3- point, inertia -
whatever....

I did note that Sports and Classics has the 3-point retractable on sale for
$89.95 each. They even give you a choice of a metal MG or Austin Healey
emblem on the buckle at no extra charge.  Hell, I'd buy them from S&C for
that alone. Right now their 2-point, bolt to floor belts at $19.95 are
looking real good to me. Or am I just too bloody cheap and should go for the
3-point bolt to floor for $35.95??

Do the methods of attachment, bolt or hook, have any advantage over the
other when it comes to initial installation?

As far as S&C goes, I have no vested (or otherwise) interest in them.  Hell,
I don't have a vested interest in much of anything else for that fact.

Jeff Church