Re: non-standard e-mail features are very irritating

To: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Subject: Re: non-standard e-mail features are very irritating
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 05:05:05 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Some of us, me included, have recently upgraded to either of the new version
4 browsers with their fancy mailers.  Since the two makers are trying to outgun
each other at every turn, they have loaded out e-mailers with all kinds of
power user options to prove which one is the better.  Microsoft in particular
has been very aggressive about it's e-mail promotion.

As a result of this, they have turned on many options that these browsers can
do as default.  They do this for two reasons, first is so that you, the user,
will
see and use the new feature.  The second is to get the people you send mail
to to want to try the new software.

I suspect that many people have some of these features turned on, and do
not realize it.  I suggest if you get an email from someone that is doing this,
please let them know in private e-mail so they can see about fixing it.

Take care
Patton

BTW I have always viewed Eudora as the Big Dog in E-mail, but I like the e-mail
integrated with my browser.  Until recently, I didn't know ho to configure them
that way, and now I really like this one I'm using

--
Patton Dickson                   Dallas, TX

1967 Austin-Healey Sprite        H AN9 L 69437
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html