Re: Converting to Steel Wheels

To: John Nelson <psychodad@cybersnet.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Converting to Steel Wheels
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 12:57:49 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ack!!! Not good news!!!

I'll measure the half shafts as soon as I get back from vacation.  I
Think I know where I can get a new differential, but am not sure.  Will
I run into clearance trouble with this also?

About the axles shearing, how much more likely are we talking about
here.  Is this a real fear in a non comp car, aren't they pretty
overbuilt anyhow?

If I do have to change axles, which ratio is the best for road use, I
can't remember.  This could be BAD!!!

Thanks

Patton