Re: Converting to Steel Wheels

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Converting to Steel Wheels
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 19 Dec 1997 21:07:43 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Gregory Kirk wrote:
> Converting to steel whelles whould require modifications to the front
> end, and replacement of the rear end with one from a steel wheeled car,
> on the other hand it you're just looking to ditch the wires, the
> inexpensive and labour gree conversion would be to get a set of
> minilites.  I beleive Victoria British carrie a set of four that will
> work with your whire wheel hubs for under $500.

I think they're considerably more than that.  And, this will do you no
good if the splines on the ends of your axleshafts are worn.  Mine are.
Listen for a clunk when you go and stop.  :-/

--
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking

  [ --> Spammers please send to spam@elise.kiva.net to be blocked <-- ]