Re: fact or fiction

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: fact or fiction
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 09:45:32 -0800
Cc: Healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Team Thicko List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My Frogeye has been an integral part of my life for nigh on to 37
years.  I have slept in it, I have cried over it, I have made love it
in, I have sworn at it, and it has drawn my blood.  I own most of the
manuals and books dealing with it.

Having said that, I have to admit that I still don't know a helluva lot
about my Frogeye.  That is exactly the reason while I value both the
Healey and Spridget lists, and why I have been saving so much
information from these lists to build my own book of information.

Yes, some of the posts on these lists contain "inaccuracies, untruths,
and just plain old wrong information".  But so do ALL of the books and
manuals published over the years.  Even in the Austin, BMC, and Leyland
publications, errors can be found.

To denigrate the opinions voiced here would only serve to mute and
silence the views of others.  If it is felt that those views are in
error, it would be far better to offer an alternative thought.

> My post was concerning the Healey lsit, not the Spridget list... I cc'd the
> Spridget list because many subscribers used to belong to the Healey list...
> but left  because of the reasons I stated.

I suspect that those who abandoned the Healey list did so because the
Spridget list focused solely on their interests.  I have stayed on the
Healey list because I find that it still has a great deal to offer the
owner of a Sprite.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California
Frogeyes AN 5L/762,  AN 5L/6893