Hoods, was: Daily driver, was: Frank, Say It Ain't So

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hoods, was: Daily driver, was: Frank, Say It Ain't So
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 12:59:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 12:13 PM -0500 3/31/98, Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> Yes I do use the top occasionally.
> I bet Jeff couldn't find his if he had to...

Not true, not true. Not only is mine properly stowed as per the owner's
manual, but I made a hood bag for it. How many of you can say that you have
a hood bag? Before you think I'm anal about a part that I rarely use, let
me explain that I made the hood bag _because_ I so rarely use the hood and
because the car is my daily ride. If you don't use your spridget as a daily
driver, I suggest that rather than stowing the hood as in the manual, you
instead fold it such that the plastic rear window is not rolled, bent, or
folded. This means that the folded hood is thin but wide and thus won't fit
in the tiny space above the wheel arches. Just lay it flat in the bottom of
the boot, atop the spare. However, as a daily driver, I found that doing
this I was beating up the hood with groceries, books, road kill I'd picked
up for dinner, etc. Hence, I started rolling and stowing 'correctly', but
this too tears up the hood unless it's first slipped into a hood bag.

Wow, more than you wanted to know, eh?

And btw, I just beat the rain into work yet again. Topless Score: wetted
twice, dry the other 320 days and nights.

Jeff

PS: Ulix, I'll send along the steering column as soon as our guests depart.

Jeff Boatright  '65 Sprite MkIII   __o_\__
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/