Re: Insurance

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>, "Lancer7676" <Lancer7676@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 1998 08:42:24 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On 4/10/98 8:10 PM so and so  Steve Byers said. (And I quote)

>State Farm provides the liability coverage on all my cars, so I checked
>with them about insuring my Healey for its true value without a mileage
>limit (they do not provide "classic car" insurance).  They will do this,
>with a written, certified appraisal and photographs of the car for their
>file.  Plus lots of bucks.
>
>What burns me is that in N.C., in order to keep the personalized plate on
>the car I have to maintain insurance on it.   I haven't driven the car
>since September due to an engine rebuild, and am not likely to until next
>September.  If I drive my cars one day a month, and they stay in the garage
>the other 29 days, I still have to pay the full amount as if it was a daily
>driver.
I have State Farm in PA. I had the Midget insured by them for 6+ years it
was non-drivable (Wouldn't pass inspection). They charged a lower rate
for the MG cuz it was not driven. When I got it running againThe rate
went up ( not sure of the exact $ figure) It was a second car and our
overall rate was lower for a multi car discount, even with one on blocks.
They have "classic car" coverage but the driving restrictions are
horrible - shows only, or something less than 2000 miles/year. The 78
Midget is now insured as a second car built in 78. Losses for loss, or
damage,  are my own. Can't afford better coverage (wife and daughter in
university). All in all I like State Farm ( been with them in various
states for nearly 30 years).

Best of luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget