RE: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...
From: Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:13:24 -0500 (CDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
:
:Mike -
:
:Frank Clarici can (and hopefully will) give a more complete answer on the
:first part, but I'll summarize and answer both questions at once.  Plan on:
:
:1 New Battery (while you're at it, check for shorts in the electrical
:system from insulation-chewing rodents)

:15 Replace all the rubber components in the suspension (which will require
:a complete teardown of the front end, during which you are likely to find
:other problems...)
:

Ditto on all points.  I have a 79 Midget that has 21K miles on it that was in
storage from 82 to 95.  The reason was a mild rear end accident.  The
son talked the dad into giving it to him and the project turned out to
be too much for him.  I paid $1500 for it.  The kid had at least that
much into parts and labor.  It stil needs a decent paint job and one
spot of rust repaired and rear suspension bushings.  ALL of the rubber
had deteriorated.

I would think the car would be worth $5000 when all that had been done.
Certainly not before.

:>  The guy wants $5000 for the car, being a low mileage car, would you do
:it?

I think I'd start at half that personally, but I'm kind of a cheap SOB.

--
Ron Madurski

--
Ron Madurski