Re: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...
From: J6879758@emu.bendigo.latrobe.edu.au
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:16:00 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Date:          Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:47:56 -0400
> To:            spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> From:          M Brouillette <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject:       Taking a 67 Sprite out of deep storage...

> Folks,
>
>       I'm new to your little world here.  Folks that were at Summit 98, Hi!
>
>   I have the chance to buy a 67 Sprite with 23K miles, that has been stored
> in a heated warehouse for 25 years!  This thing has been rolled from one
> end of the warehouse only over this period.  The motor probably hasn't even
> been turned over in at least 20 yrs.
>
>   The questions I have are these:
>
>  The guy wants $5000 for the car, being a low mileage car, would you do it?
>
>  As the car has been sitting that long, does anyone have a checklist for
> bringing this little guy back to roadworthyness?
>
>                                       Mike B

5 grand is pretty rich . Only 3 months ago I picked up my mkIIA for
$3,500 and was able to drive it home on the day. When I gave it a
wash and a polish it came up like $10,000 worth of sportscar. Still
plenty of bargains about, just don't do what I always do and
buy the first thing i see.Lucky for me , with the sprite the first
one I saw was a beauty.
Only  a couple of weeks ago my spares guy picked up a (partially
dismantled but all there with spares) mkI midget with wire wheels for
only $3000. He's looking to sell it...