Re: SUMMARY: Insurance for LBCs

To: ckotting@iwaynet.net
Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Insurance for LBCs
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 18:03:38 EDT
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have been trying to get my Midget insured by a company other than State
Farm, who insures my other 3 vehicles.   There are 4 drivers in the family and
prior to purchasing the Midget, we had 3 vehicles.  Shortly after purchasing
the Midget a couple of weeks ago, I went to State Farm to add it to our
policy.  Cost me about $220/6 months for full coverage.  Well ok--I paid that.
Today we got another bill for $178 more on one of our other vehicles for which
we have fully paid the next 6 months.  Calling them, and noticeably not very
happy about it, I found out that when I added the Midget, that gave us one car
per driver, which meant, to them, that each driver was able to drive all the
time--thus the $335 per year increased insurance cost.  What a way to fluff a
guy!

Anyway, I decided I could save at least the $335 per year if I had the Sprite
insured by another company--NOW I am finding out that the Sleazes with whom I
have talked will not insure the Midget unless they also insure ALL my
vehicles.  I keep telling them it is MY car, I am the ONLY driver, and I only
want to insure the Midget!!

Do any of these insurance companies you guys have been mentioning insure ONLY
the car in question, or do they all require you to move your entire stable to
their policy?

------David
      '67 Sprite MKIV, aka, Vicky (Under Restoration and Uninsured)
        '79 Midget, aka, The Taz (Insured and being taken to the cleaners)