Re: Temperature guage

Subject: Re: Temperature guage
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:56:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I believe that a car which is receives routine maintenance, such as
thermostat chnages, won't really need ss studs.  When the housing hasn't
been removed in 10 years is when the problem comes up.
Liberal use of antiseize/neverseize on the studs helps a lot.
Of xourse the ss studs are not _that_ expensive and are cheap insurance.
Ulix

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Fred Krampits wrote:

> Mini Mania has some stainless steel thermostat housing studs, and
> carries (at least they had it for my car) the thermostat housings.
> >From what I've heard the new studs make removal much easier.
> --
> Fred Krampits
> 1963 MG Midget MK I 1098CG