Re: Temperature guage

To: Nory@webtv.net (Nory), spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Temperature guage
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:22:47 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The gauges from earlier cars give real temperatures (well, they have
numbers on them, anyway). But, since most are probably off at this point,
the numbers hold as much menaing as CNH. The real deal is to note at what
point on the dial the steam goes POOF when you're sitting in traffic :) Or
you could be boring and stick the sensor in boiling water (or as close as
you can get it).

Jeff

 At 8:57 AM -0500 10/30/98, Nory wrote:

> >"...temp gauge on my 1275 Bugeye with
> >original-type radiator refused to go above >120 degrees..."
>
> Okay, I give up- What kind of temp gauge do you guys have that tells you
> how many degrees it's at?  Mine just say "C" "N" and "H".......
>
> -NORY

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis