Re: Connections

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, fatboy@mail.metro.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Connections
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 17:11:58 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In the early days of Sprite ownership and youth my car had a dynamo
(generator).  I went through a bad patch of problems with it and the control
(regulator box).  Anyway to cut a long story short I was seeing this girl at
the time who just so happened to live on top of a hill (in a house that is).
I had been to see a mate who owned a Lotus Elan +2 and was planning to spend
some time with her on the way back.  Half way from his to hers the dynamo
packed up.  It was still light and I knew I could get home before it got dark.
BUT, I badly needed to spend the evening with my girlfriend.  I figured I
could drive to hers, not worry about the battery getting flat and bump start
the car down the hill.  I had not given much though to how dark it would be.

Well, it was late when I left hers and the car started fine down the hill (it
was a a big and long hill).  I put the side lights on to get out of down and
once on a main road followed the first car I could find and then switched all
the lights off.  Every new and again I needed to find a fresh car when the one
being followed turned off the main road.  I did this by the use of side lights
and heavy right foot.

I eventually got home ok and had no regrets but have many years since fitted
an alternator.

Daniel 1312