RE: Vizard's book

To: "Ulix Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>, "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: RE: Vizard's book
From: "Herold Faulkner" <faulkner@redshift.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:50:58 -0800
Cc: "Spridgets Mail list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix,

Are you referring to Des Hammill's How to Power tune the BMC/BL 1275
A-Series Engine, a part of the Speedpro series?  Or am I missing a book
here?

I have the Speedpro book and it is a decent book, has some information that
is not in Vizard's book.  It's perhaps a bit more basic.  By and large the
Vizard book is much more information and worth the larger price. My only
complaint about the Vizard book is that the layout is rather poor, main text
and sidebars get mixed up and the thread is a bit difficult to follow.

There is also another book in the Speedpro series by Des Hammill called How
to Blueprint & Build a 4-Cylinder Short Block... It also  has a lot of
useful information, especially for one with little experience in building
engines.

My feeling is that on something like this you can never have too many books.
Besides, you can read in bed but I don't thing you'd get any positive
reinforcement from your SO for bringing a cylinder head or manifold to
bed....

Hal