Re: Hardtop Questions

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop Questions
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:23:00 -0800
Cc: "'Bkitterer@aol.com'" <Bkitterer@aol.com>, "'Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net'" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Hanna, Mark" wrote:

>      Hi Bob ,
>      No mix up here . Read T. Horrler (Original Sprites & Midgets)
>      The first hard top available for the Mk 1 Sprites was the
>       Donald Healey Motor Co. top made by Jensen . It uses taller
>       side curtains than the ones that fit the soft top . Latter, BMC
>       sold there own version of a hard top . It is more rounded ,and
>       has smaller side window apertures that fit the stock side curtains.
>       I have an original Healey hard top . Stock side curtains will not
>       fit the top .

Mark is correct. I have an original DH hard top and the original side
curtains are too short. I also found the correct taller side curtains
and the actually make the Bugeye water tight when used with the soft
top.
It may take someone on the outside to fit the lip of the soft top over
the taller curtains.
BMC hard tops were shorter.

--
Frank Clarici