Re: observations of LBC ownership

To: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Subject: Re: observations of LBC ownership
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:42:43 -0500
Cc: Ajhsys@aol.com, lbull@dreamscape.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul A Asgeirsson wrote:

> My street is a cul de sac that ends at a grade school and city park.
> When I have a Morris outside doing some work on it, teenagers very
> frequently politely ask from the street if they can see them and the
> answer is always "of course."  They are fascinated by them and ask all
> sorts of questions and poke their heads in and under all around them.  If
> I can kindle any interest in LBC's to them I really try.  These kids that
> ask to see them are part of the quiet unseen teeners that are always
> industrious and studying and being inordinately polite.  These are the
> ones that never make it into the newspapers as doing something wrong and
> we tend to overlook these legions of good kids.  Any encouragement in
> their interest in LBC's should always be approached with enthusiasm on
> our part.  They may well be the ones who buy our little cars in the
> future because someone took the time to show off the cars to them.  They
> are not only our future, but the future of our cars.
>
> Paul

EXACTLY!!!
I have 4 or 5 local kids involved in LBCs in town. They know where to
come for advice and parts. More then once one of them would come by for
a switch or a gasket with the promise of replacing it, (yeah right) I
just love to see them on the road, in the parking lots where they work
or go to school or out in my front street.
These kids are our cars future. I am even planning basic auto mechanics
101 for my daughter and her girl friends which are all 16 or 17 and just
learning to drive.
Simple trouble shooting, wet ignitions, oil changes, fluid checks, side
of the road muffler fixes, and tire changes. Stuff every driver should
know before they hit the road.
My daughter tells me she will have a cell phone and a brother and a
father to come to her rescue. Nonsense!
We have to keep modern kids educated with old time common sense.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ