Re: Top storage brackets

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Top storage brackets
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:58:32 -0600
Cc: Biff Jones <biffjones@erols.com>, spidgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Frank,

Shields down.  This is not meant to be a flame.

But, I think that you might be incorrect on the top stowage brackets issue.
First, although originally the bugeye floors had rubber mats,  I don't
think that the area where the brackets mount was covered by rubber.  There
was a mat made out of something called Hardura.  (If not I spent much too
much for the stuff.)  Second the Hardura was put down with snaps over the
brackets.  You stick the hood frame through a 3/4" hole in the Hardura and
into the stowage bracket.  There was also a rubber bumper that was meant to
keep it from rattling.  I think that was screwed through the Hardura.  It
was primitive and inconsistent.  But what can you say, it's British.

Herb