Re: Fw: Diffs.

To: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>, Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk
Subject: Re: Fw: Diffs.
From: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:10:50 -0400
Cc: pasgeirsson@juno.com, toobmany@bigpond.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Paul and Guy,

I was the lister who suggested that a worn diff led to a broken axle on my
Midget. My thrust washers were totally missing and there was considerable
wear on the diff spider gears.

My solution was to find a good used diff which I took off of one of my
parts cars. I took the used diff into a shop and had the lash checked and
it was much better than the diff that came out of the car. I never
suggested that anyone try to repair a diff themselves.

Thanks,

Robert