Re: Sprite Side Windows

To: Birch <birch@cadvision.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite Side Windows
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 21:31:04 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 18:42 19-05-99 -0600, Birch wrote:
>Thanks for all the responses on the body support question. Now on to
>another one.
>
>I plan to use my 60 Bugeye Sprite as a daily driver/commuter and would
>love to replace the detachable side curtains (sliding windows) and
>restructure/replace the doors to provide rollup style windows. Has
>anyone considered, seen, heard of or done this? I was thinking there may
>be a newer sprite/midget door that may be close enough to try a
>remanufacture. I have a spare set of doors to try this with. Any
>suggestions?
>
>Ken Birch
>1960 Bugeye
>Calgary AB Canada

KEN,
        The joy of Frogeye ownership is the sidecurtains.  If you want wind up
windows, heaters that work, seals that seal, radios etc., get a Miata.
Live with the sidecurtains.  If you have to make an improvement might I
suggest a zip out rear window.  AH Spares will do one for you in either
black or white.

Cheers,
Martyn (59 Frog - St. George ON)
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')