Re: Sprite Side Windows and more Questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite Side Windows and more Questions
From: Birch <birch@cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 18:36:56 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well thanks for the thoughts from everyone. Second day on the list and I
obviously asked a pretty contraversial question. I havn't made any decisions but
I have been given alot to think about. My goal is certainly not to butcher my
car but to balance some changes to make it a great daily driver in our changing
weather and still have a 60 Sprite. Sounds like it's probably a bigger change
than I thought. I plan to drive it year round regardless of weather (with the
exceptional snow storm that may drive me to my 94 Ford F350) even if I have to
purchase an extra heavy jacket. I have 2 hardtops for my car that are in fair
condition so I will be restoring one for the winter. If you get right down to it
my major concern is to ensure it will be able to handle the daily commute.....
16km, 8 on 100km highway and 8 in the city.

This may be a rather broad question but I could use some suggestions for
"upgrades" that will help me towards this dream. I have been contemplating a
1275 engine, 5 speed Datsun trany, and someone suggested disc brakes (disc
brakes from what model/year car or are these available from another supplier).
But some direction as to what 1275 (any particular year) and as to what I might
do to the 1275 to help it handle the commute.

I look forward to some replies and my first commute (one thing at a time
though).

Ken Birch
1960 Bugeye
Calgary AB Canada